Monday, August 18, 2008

RECIPE: Holy Cow Cake

I absolutely named my blog the right thing because all I want to say is OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS, I found the best cake recipe ever. A girl in my office made this about two years ago and I've saved the recipe but never made it until now. I'm surprised I never had it growing up, because between the boxed cake mix and the candy pieces, this cake says Pittsburgh all over it.

We are so lucky to have such nice friends, and we've been incredibly social for the past week. We had two dinner dates this weekend and I offered to make desert for both. I'm tired of all the regular summer desert recipes I make, so I went with Peanut Butter Cake, which tasted great but wasn't pretty, and the almighty Holy Cow Cake. This is the cake you eat if you need to put on weight after the flu or if you get dumped or if you have PMS.

Luckily I found the recipe online so I can avoid typing and here's the link. But basically, you make a chocolate cake mix from a box; poke holes in it with a chopstick; mix a jar of caramel ice cream topping and sweetened condensed milk and spoon it over the hot cake; dump some candy bar on it; spread with cream cheese dressing and throw more candy bar on top. I used Heath Bar milk chocolate baking pieces instead - it was easier and I prefer Heath to Butterfinger.

In our fitness industry association, we aerobics instructors are told to "Inspire the World to Fitness." While I aim to do that most every day, this is not one of those days. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Amy said...

OMG! I think I gained 10 lbs. just reading that description!

YUMMY!!