Thanks to all of you who made supportive comments both online and in person. It is still tough to forget about that nasty incident, but time heals all wounds. In my quest for better behavior this week, I have been using candy bribes and Easter bunny stories. LOL. I'm just trying to avoid any tantrums that might lead to another library scene.
I've been thinking so much about discipline, terrible twos, bad behavior, etc., lately. And the thought crossed my mind...I wonder what it's like to grow up in the Duggar household? From a psychological standpoint, what is happening to these kids over the years? You never see them misbehave or speak negatively. ((Side note: Did anyone see the ridiculous episode where the oldest Duggar boy was engaged but couldn't kiss or even HUG his fiancee and they just kept holding hands and saying "I love you / I love you too"???? It was insane.))
But back to Michelle and JimBob. I think that sheltering their children from the real world is their way of controlling their children's thoughts and actions. And that makes me sad, because if any of those girls ever gets away (Free Jinger!), they are going to be at a very high risk of being taken advantage of. Their lack of knowledge on how the rest of the world lives may provide for a sunny atmosphere at home, but it has not prepared them on how to live on their own or interact with others.
She's incredibly mischevious sometimes, but my AJ is a smart girl. She thinks independently. She communicates what she wants to other kids and to adults. She has thoughts and desires of her own and she's not afraid to let everyone know it.
She's so unafraid that I really don't know when I am going to have the balls to go back to the library. But I know that when we do, we'll be okay. Because I am going to take a boatload of candy in my purse next time.
~
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so good to hear you are feeling better about things....way to go on the plan to bribe with yummy sweet treats! :) see you soon.
I thought of you the other day in Lowe's when I remembered I had a dumdum (mystery flavour!) in my bag. It staved off the 'we're leaving the hammer section now' tantrum.
Post a Comment